My name is Jason, and this is my website. Welcome!
[Insert awkward local-used-car-TV-ad photo here. With your imagination.]
What once was a “group” site with 99% of the content provided by yours truly is now officially my personal web presence. Poke around long enough, and you’ll find good stuff from a good friend who, as it turns out, has better things to do than random online projects!
Most of the content here is devoted to Ohio politics, as that’s an interest of mine that I try to avoid boring my loved ones with. Their gain is… also your gain, maybe? None of what you read here is endorsed by or should be presumed to reflect the opinions of any past or present employer. If you’re interested in details about my shadowy political background, here you go.
Suggestions? Comments? Feel free to drop a line in the comments section of any post! You can also find me on Twitter, @jasonahart.
- Congressional Medal of Honor Society
- Read about recent and historic recipients of one of America’s highest military honors.
- BlackFive – Someone You Should Know
- Recognition for various feats of awesomeness at BlackFive.net.
- Carnegie Hero Fund
- Recent winners of the Carnegie medal recognizing heroic acts by American and Canadian civilians.
- Help fold some proteins! Install a simple program on your computer that gets test data from Stanford servers and then carries out simulations which help researchers determine how proteins fold (or fail to fold). Folding@Home has little impact on your computer’s performance, and contributes to medical research.
- Configure your Folding@Home installation for team number 48190 to join our team!
- Soldiers’ Angels
- Donate to support American troops and their families.
- YoungLife is another great recipient for whatever generosity you may possess.
- Living Water
- Have you heard of Living Water? They’ve been doing some amazing things in Africa, combating the brutal effects of unsanitary drinking water by digging and repairing wells.
- Kiva.org connects lenders with small businesses in third-world countries; lend through PayPal to people who may not otherwise be able to borrow due to local economic or political conditions.